S W P B | F O R U M
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Poison Bite and related discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBEHOMEPAGE

Books, comics and reading

Go down 
+5
Luqe
SkrillexSayRawr
Atomicway
Shaizard
hennamarika
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hennamarika
Admin
hennamarika

Books, comics and reading Empty
PostSubject: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:12 pm

So, what are your favourite books? Do you like to read?

I need recommendations, what should I read next?

Now I'm reading Pamela Des Barres' Let's spend the night together. It's really interesting, all those stories of rock'n'roll lifestyle, groupies and such. I love all kinds of biographies. It's so fascinating to see other people's lives.

And I HAVE TO recommend Garfield minus Garfield. It's the best comic ever.
Back to top Go down
Shaizard

Shaizard

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 am

I love way to many books, in all seriousness~ I have to lie to my mother and say I haven't bought any new books when she makes comments that my book piles (because the bookcase is to full....well, jammed) start to grow and migrate~

Yet a few of my favorite books are:

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
and Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Miller.

Comics wise~ I love Witchblade and HACK.
Plus I'm an anime/manga kid~
Back to top Go down
Atomicway

Atomicway

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:03 pm

I used to be really into anime/manga ;V The only Anime I've been keeping up with is Yu Gi Oh 5Ds ;V Judge all you want, I like it. And I've seen the movie of the Picture of Dorian Gray it was awesome, even if it is old.
Back to top Go down
SkrillexSayRawr

SkrillexSayRawr

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 4:03 pm

atm only uni readings -.-
Back to top Go down
http://www.writerscafe.org/emosupremeo
Luqe

Luqe

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:50 pm

I love Harry Potter; p But last time I read book called ''Ritual'', I really like it and I resolved to read books more frequently ; )
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/Luqeye
Josephh

Josephh

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:54 am

I like Kevin Canty's books, although He writes few books.. I like Harry Potter, like my friend, but I read it many moons ago. Very Happy I must to expend, and read books to school. Sad I regret that all of this books are boring..
Back to top Go down
Annie

Annie

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 am

Luqe wrote:
I love Harry Potter; p
Me too. My all-time favourites. Smile There's no better books than Harry Potters.

Stephen King is good too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anniekillings.blogspot.com
Suzii

Suzii

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 am

I don't read too many books, but for now my favorites are "Ever"-Alyson Noel, and "Twoje serce należy do mnie"-Dean Koontz Smile
Back to top Go down
Josephh

Josephh

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:17 am

Harry Potter is good, and i like it. Smile What do you think about The Lord Of The Ring?
Back to top Go down
Luqe

Luqe

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 am

I am isterested if you are all forced to read books in school like us in Poland. I would read modern books but I don't have time because I have to read shity and boring books written by our stupid old Polish writers who are dead tousands years. Also I think they were sniffers... normal man couldn't have written such idiot books. So do you?

Last edited by Luqe on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.pl/user/Luqeye
Josephh

Josephh

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:43 am

You're right my friend.. Our "fantastic" national writers sucks.. Their books are boring, stupid and without meaning.. Normal man doesn't think and write about unhappy love, and think that this kind of love is the most beautiful. ;x Maybe they were smoking some strange wort? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Annie

Annie

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:10 am

Josephh wrote:
Harry Potter is good, and i like it. Smile What do you think about The Lord Of The Ring?
I tried to read The Lord Of The Ring once but I never red more than like 10-20 pages. I can't remember why I didn't keep on reading it. Maybe I should try again... I've seen two first movies of it and I must say that the second movie - The Two Towers went over my head! Very Happy The end of the movie was very complicated in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Josephh

Josephh

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Annie wrote:

I tried to read The Lord Of The Ring once but I never red more than like 10-20 pages.

I tried to read this book once, and i won't try read it again.. For me it's strange a bit, and I don't understand what was happened ;x Maybe i'm stupid.. Very Happy I don't like movie version, and i don't understand what people perceive in 'The Lord Of The Ring'..
Back to top Go down
Suzii

Suzii

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Josephh wrote:

Maybe i'm stupid.. Very Happy

haha ! no comment brother .. Very Happy

So I don't like The Lord Of The Ring , because it's very coplicated for me , and I don't like books about this storyline .. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Annie

Annie

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Yesterday I went to a flea market and I found one interesting book, The biography of Marilyn Monroe (written by Donald Spoto). I find Marilyn Monroe very fascinating and beautiful person but I haven't read any bioghraphy about her before. Yesterday evening I started reading it, and now I just want to read more and more. It seems pretty interesting so far.
Back to top Go down
Zuzanna

Zuzanna

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:27 pm

I like 'Lord of the Rings', a bit less than that 'Harry Potter'... Stieg Larssons' books are great and Stephen Kings', also some of Sapkowski's and Pilipiuk's (they're kinda popular in Pl)... No, I definitely read too much.
Back to top Go down
Zuzanna

Zuzanna

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 3:25 am

Luqe wrote:
I am isterested if you are all forced to read books in school like us in Poland. I would read modern books but I don't have time because I have to read shity and boring books written by our stupid old Polish writers who are dead tousands years. Also I think they were sniffers... normal man couldn't have written such idiot books. So do you?

I do agree with you - reading this shit (sorry) makes us having enough literature... :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, comics and reading   Books, comics and reading I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Books, comics and reading
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S W P B | F O R U M :: General discussion-
Jump to: